Seasoned entrepreneurs, investors, and experts will gather on the eastern shores of the Mediterranean to share experiences, insights, techniques, methods, and know-how, dishing out how-tos for newcomers, dos-and-donts for the up and coming, and inspiration for the rest.
Last Year’s Conference in 30 Seconds
The Rise in Lebanon’s Startup Ecosystem in 2015 | Banque du Liban Accelerate 2015 https://t.co/A4LXAIMjeV
Venue & Hotels
Forum de Beyrouth – Beirut, LebanonVenue Google Maps Coordinates
Speakers Hotel: InterContinental Phoenicia Hotel – Beirut, LebanonHotel Google Maps Coordinates
If your question isn’t answered in the Frequently Asked Questions below, tweet us @BDLaccelerate!
- What is Banque du Liban Accelerate 2015?
Banque du Liban Accelerate 2015 is Lebanon’s 2nd international startup conference, featuring 100 stellar speakers from 50 countries – Singapore to San Francisco – and 5,000 select attendees. The Conference will take place on December 10-11 2015, at Forum de Beyrouth, in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Who is behind Banque du Liban Accelerate 2015?
The Central Bank of Lebanon is the host and organizer of Banque du Liban Accelerate 2015.
- Is Beirut Safe?
According to GOV.UK the areas you’ll be visiting and frequenting are GREEN.
- What is the opening and closing time?
The conference starts at 9:00am and ends at 6:00pm.
- Can I come and leave anytime I wish?
Yes you can, as long as you keep your registration credentials.
- How long will the Hackathon run for?
The Hackathon will run through the entire conference and participants are allowed to stay overnight if they wish to.
- Do I need to register to attend?
Absolutely. No exceptions.
- Do I need to print my ticket beforehand?
You do not have to have a hard copy of your ticket. Showing your ticket on the phone should be enough. That said, if you had registered but do not have a ticket, your entrance to the conference will take longer to process.
- Do I have to attend both days?
You can attend and leave at your leisure.
- Can I bring a guest?
You can bring a guest as long as they are registered. NO ONE will be allowed inside the conference without prior registration.
- Will food and beverage be available at the conference?
Yes, there will be several restaurants, caterers, and beverage providers who are sponsoring the food at the conference. There will be enough food for everyone and every taste. It is all for FREE!
- Who can attend the Conference?
- Who can attend the Speakers’ Dinner?
Only speakers at the Conference, and select guests can attend the Speakers’ Dinner. Non-speakers will receive a special invitation letter to the Dinner.
- What are the spoken languages in Beirut?
All three languages – Arabic, English, and French – are spoken by the locals in Beirut. Feel free to use either of these three languages, there’ll always be someone around who can ‘undo to the letter’.
- Should I reserve to attend the different workshops?
You only have to register to enter the conference. Once inside, you can attend anything that you like.
- Will there be any security during the conference?
There will be security around the conference all the time. There will be Internal Security Forces, Lebanese Army as well as private security personnel.
- Where should I park my car?
There will free valet parking available to all our guests. However, if you wish to park your car yourself, you will be guided to the B018 parking lot area.
- Are there any specific transportation methods directly related to the conference?
We do not provide transportation to our general admission attendees.
- Is the conference suitable for children?
The conference is suitable for all ages.
- Will I get the chance to meet investors and incubators even if I do not pitch?
The conference is designed to allow access to VC’s and investors at specific times and designated spaces.
- What is the meaning of Life?